HUMMINGBIRD RIDGE WINERY
Central PA’s Award-Winning Winery
May 2013 Hummingbird Ridge Winery NEWSLETTER (Please forward this newsletter to your friends and family who are interested in wine)
In This Issue: April Recap; May Events; New Wine Releases; Artist of the Month; Wine Cartoon of the Month; Restaurants
April Recap: Our first Ladies Night in April was a lot of fun, with local vendors, a harpist, and a masseuse, all for the Ladies. We also had our Welcome Spring Party with a Jimmy Buffett Tribute, with Central PA Parrotheads partying the day away at Hummingbird Ridge Winery. Read below for upcoming events.
- Our 2nd Tasting Room & Wine Store at the Newberry Commons Mall in Etters just off the Yocumtown exit 33 of I-83 is OPEN. The new store is right next to the Wine & Spirits Shoppe (State Liquor Store), and features Free Standard Tastings. Hours are Tuesday thru Saturday from 1pm to 8pm. Stop in for Free tastings.
Also at the new Mall location, we have opened a Wine Café, with tables where you can sit, relax, and enjoy wine by the glass, with Wine by the Glass Specials every week. Food is also available from our neighboring restaurants New China and USA & I. You can order takeout and enjoy your meal with wine in our Wine Café.
- May Events –
* It's back for Spring! "First Friday Music Night", Friday, May 3rd, 5pm to 8pm, at our Winery location at 735 Kise Mill Rd, York Haven, just off Newberrytown Exit 32 of I-83, featuring live acoustic rock and blues by "Will Work for Wine". FREE Admission. Free Tastings. Free Parking. Come on out, Relax on our Deck, Sip Wine, and listen to the music!
*SPECIAL EVENT!!! Saturday, May 18th: Rolling Stones Tribute by “Wild Horses” from 1pm to 4pm. This event will be at our Winery Store at 735 Kise Mill Rd, Newberrytown (1/4 mile from Susquehanna Speedway). FREE Admission for this event. Free Parking. Free Tastings. This is an Outdoor event, so bring your bag chairs, relax, sip wine, and listen to Rolling Stones tunes!
* The 1st 3 weekends in May: Hershey Harrisburg Wine Trail "Sweet Sensations" Event, featuring Special food and wine pairings and wine discounts at wineries on the trail. For info, visit http://www.hersheyharrisburgwinecountry.com/signature-events/sweet-sensations-of-may/
- New Wine Releases: Our new Blueberry Bliss, Raspberry Bliss and new vintages of Blue Diamond and Celebration Blush are Now available for tasting and purchase at both of our locations. Stop in and Taste them! FREE Tastings at both of our locations.
- ARTIST OF THE MONTH: Stop in at our Newberry Commons Mall location to see an exhibition of spectacular Photography by Meredith Kaminek. From her studio in Central Pennsylvania to a creek in the woods, Meredith Kaminek has cultivated her career as a professional portrait photographer since 1992. Connecting with people to photograph more than what they look like, but who they are, has always been the true passion parallel to her artistic eye.
Feeling a similar connection with nature, Meredith has branched out to share her perspective of how everyday life and our natural surroundings are genuine gifts...
...so long as you take the time to look at it that way.
"...as I found it" is Meredith Kaminek's recently published hard cover book, which is a collection of her photographs of nature untouched, coupled with simple thoughts and inspirations that she has written. Stay tuned for news about a Special Book Signing night at our Tasting Room with Meredith.
- WINE CARTOON OF THE MONTH
Please stop by the fine eateries listed below and try some Hummingbird Ridge Wine!
AL's Pizza & Pub in Enola
Hogan's Restaurant at Valley Green Golf Course, Etters
Goldsboro Firemens Club, Goldsboro
Royal Manchester Golf Course, Manchester
Silver Lake Inn, Lewisberry
Back Woods Grill, Etters
Culhane’s Steak House, New Cumberland
Etters VFW, Etters
Please visit these fine establishments and enjoy a glass of Hummingbird Ridge wine!!!
Our motto is “Experience The Flavor” and our goal is for every Hummingbird Ridge wine to be balanced and flavorful. We are open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 6pm at our Winery Store at 735 Kise Mill Rd, York Haven and open Tues. to Sat. from 1pm to 8pm at our new Newberry Commons Mall store, and our standard wine tastings are free of charge at both locations.
If you belong to a group, club or association and you would like a Private Wine Tasting for your group or your group is looking for a unique meeting place during the week or weekend, please call us at 717-315-0209 for availability. We hope to see you soon at the winery!!!
- Purchase Hummingbird Ridge official logo merchandise at our online store at http://www.cafepress.com/teeshirts4fun/6968274
- Thanks Again to all of you who have stopped in to see us and try our wine!!! Tell your friends about us!!!
- Visit us on the internet at http://www.hummingbirdridgewinery.com/ (official website),http://www.hummingbirdridgewinery.blogspot.com/
(our blog), and visit our new Facebook page and become a fan of Hummingbird Ridge Winery at
- Hummingbird Ridge Winery is a proud member of the Mason Dixon Wine Trail!!! Visit http://www.masondixonwinetrail.com/ for more information. And a proud member of the Hershey Harrisburg Wine Country trail!!! Visitwww.hersheyharrisburgwinecountry.com for more information.
HUMMINGBIRD RIDGE WINERY
"EXPERIENCE THE FLAVOR!!!"