HUMMINGBIRD RIDGE WINERY
Central PA’s Award-Winning Small Winery with "Big Flavor Wines for Everyday Celebrations"
APRIL 2014 Hummingbird Ridge Winery NEWSLETTER (Please forward this newsletter to your friends and family who are interested in wine)
This Issue Features: BREAKING NEWS!!!, March Recap; First Friday Music April 4th; JIMMY BUFFETT Music Tribute April 12th; SHEA QUINN April 19th; Interesting Wine News of the Month; Recipe of the Month and More......
- THIS JUST IN: Hummingbird Ridge Winery's Blueberry Bliss wine just won a Silver Medal at the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition on March 30th, 2014 and our Valkyrie Port wine won a Bronze medal. Over 3700 wines from 20 countries competed in this event. Stop in and taste these award-winning wines!
March Recap: Spring is Here, sort of. Winter just doesn't seem to want to give up, but we know that warm days are just around the corner. We had a great crowd for the Bob Seger Tribute last month. And read more below about our JIMMY BUFFETT Music Tribute coming up on April 12th and SHEA QUINN on April 19th.
* UPCOMING EVENTS!!!
Friday, April 4th: First Friday Music and Wine with Acoustic Rock and Blues by "Will Work for Wine" from 5pm to 8pm. This event will be an Inside event at our Mall store at the Newberry Commons Mall (right beside the State Liquor Store), just off the Yocumtown exit of I-83, midway between Harrisburg and York. FREE Admission for this event. Free Parking. Free Tastings.
Saturday, April 12th: Start Spring off right with our JIMMY BUFFETT Music tribute by "Sons of a Beach"-
Hummingbird Ridge Winery, Central PA's Award-winning Small Winery with Big Flavor wines for Everyday Celebrations, presents their 2014 Music Tribute Series at Newberrytown Peddlers & Farmers Market at 700 York Rd, Dover PA (just 1/4 mile up the road from the Winery), featuring a "JIMMY BUFFETT Music Tribute" by Sons of a Beach on Saturday, April 12th from 1pm to 4pm at Newberrytown Peddlers & Farmers Market, just off the Newberrytown exit 32 of I-83, midway between Harrisburg and York.
FREE Admission. Free Wine Tastings. Free Parking. Food Available from the Market vendors. Come on out, Sip wine, and Enjoy the music of JIMMY BUFFETT.
This is an outside event, but in the event of inclement weather, it will be moved inside the market building. Bring your lawn chairs. Hummingbird Ridge wines are available for tasting and purchase by the glass or bottle, but NO other alcohol is permitted on the grounds, per PLCB law. Must be 21 years of age or older to taste or purchase wines.
FREE Admission. Free Parking. Free Tastings.
For more information, visit www.hummingbirdridgewinery.com or call 717-315-0209
Saturday, April 19th:
SHEA QUINN of The Sharks and the Luv Gods, on Saturday, April 19th from 1pm to 4pm at their Winery location at 735 Kise Mill Rd, Newberrytown PA, just off the Newberrytown exit 32 of I-83, midway between between Harrisburg and York.
FREE Admission. Free Wine Tastings. Free Parking. Come on out, Sip wine, and Enjoy the music of SHEA QUINN.
This is an outside event. Bring your lawn chairs. Hummingbird Ridge wines are available for tasting and purchase by the glass or bottle, but NO other alcohol is permitted on the grounds, per PLCB law.
- Our complete event schedule for 2014 is now posted on our website at http://www.hummingbirdridgewinery.com/NewsEvents.php
- Interesting Wine News of the Month:
- Recipe of the Month: This months recipe, "Apple Pie Bundle Bites" was our featured food pairing for the Mason Dixon Wine Trail event last month. We had a lot of requests for the recipe, so here it is:
Apple Pie Bundle Bites:
1-1/4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons apple butter
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons Hummingbird Ridge Apple Sangria
In small bowl, combine the apples, apple butter, sugar, apple pie spice and cinnamon.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to a 12-in. circle. Cut out 18 circles with a floured 3-in. round cutter, rerolling scraps if necessary. Press pastry onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
Spoon filling into each cup. Bring pastry edges over filling and twist; pinch seams to seal. Brush tops with butter.
Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Combine confectioners' sugar and enough Hummingbird Ridge Apple Sangria to achieve a drizzling consistency. Spoon over bundles. Serve warm.Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Serve with Hummingbird Ridge Apple Sangria. Enjoy!
* Please stop by the fine eateries listed below and try some Hummingbird Ridge Wine!
AL's Pizza & Pub in Enola
Hogan's Restaurant at Valley Green Golf Course, Etters
Goldsboro Firemens Club, Goldsboro
Royal Manchester Golf Course, Manchester
Silver Lake Inn, Lewisberry
Culhane’s Steak House, New Cumberland
Etters VFW, Etters
Yankee Doodle Restaurant, Wormleysburg
Please visit these fine establishments and enjoy a glass of Hummingbird Ridge wine!!!
> Our motto is “Experience The Flavor” and our goal is for every Hummingbird Ridge wine to be balanced and flavorful. We are open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 6pm at our Winery Store at 735 Kise Mill Rd, York Haven and open Tues. to Sat. from 1pm to 8pm at our new Newberry Commons Mall store, and our standard wine tastings are free of charge at both locations.
- If you belong to a group, club or association and you would like a Private Wine Tasting for your group or your group is looking for a unique meeting place during the week or weekend, please call us at 717-315-0209 for availability. We hope to see you soon at the winery!!!
Hummingbird Ridge Winery is “the Small Winery with Big Flavor”. Owner Tom Day began his wine odyssey as a teenager, watching his Italian grandfather make wine. When Tom started winning amateur awards for his own wines, he decided to open his own winery. With over 20 years of experience, he opened this microwinery dedicated to making wine in small batches, so that every aspect of the winemaking process could be meticulously taken care of, to craft wines with superior flavor and balance. Tom named the winery after one particular hummingbird that followed him as he first walked the property and that hummingbird’s likeness graces every bottle of Hummingbird Ridge wine. We hope you enjoy your experience at Hummingbird Ridge and please call on any of our staff to assist you. “Experience the Exceptional Flavor and Balance” of Hummingbird Ridge wines!
- Purchase Hummingbird Ridge official logo merchandise at our online store at http://www.cafepress.com/teeshirts4fun/6968274
- Thanks Again to all of you who have stopped in to see us and try our wine!!! Tell your friends about us!!!
- Visit us on the internet at http://www.hummingbirdridgewinery.com/ (official website),http://www.hummingbirdridgewinery.blogspot.com/
(our blog), and visit our Facebook page and become a fan of Hummingbird Ridge Winery at
- Hummingbird Ridge Winery is a proud member of the Mason Dixon Wine Trail!!! Visit http://www.masondixonwinetrail.com/ for more information. And a proud member of the Hershey Harrisburg Wine Country trail!!! Visit www.hersheyharrisburgwinecountry.com for more information.
HUMMINGBIRD RIDGE WINERY
"EXPERIENCE THE FLAVOR!!!
Now with 2 Locations:
*** Winery Location at 735 Kise Mill Rd, York Haven (just off Newberrytown Exit 32 of I-83, 1/4 mile from Susquehanna Speedway, Open Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, 11am to 6pm.
*** Newberry Commons Mall Location (just off Yocumtown Exit 33 of I-83, next tothe State Liquor store) in Newberry Commons Mall, Etters PA. Open Tuesday thru Saturday, 1pm to 8pm.